Monday, February 28, 2011

Being a child

I am tired and I have had a headache all day long. And I am facing a temptation that surely others have also faced. I am tempted to just skip my Bible reading and go straight on to bed. The little voice of temptation whispers that I can make it up later - no one is ever going to know - so what if you skip the blog accountability just this once.

Overcoming temptation, I am reading Numbers 1-2 and 1 Peter 1 tonight.

As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. (1 Peter 1: 14)

God sees me as His child. He knows I still have a lot to learn and that I am going to make mistakes.

God expects me to obey him as my heavenly Father. Becoming a child of God marks a change in my life. I stop my old way of living and I learn how to live a new life. The new has come - the old is gone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment