Saturday, February 26, 2011

Accountability

Keeping myself accountable. I will do my Bible reading for today. It's Leviticus 25-26 and Psalm 33.

Psalm 33:13-15 - "From heaven the Lord looks down and sees all mankind: from his dwelling place he watches all who live on earth - he who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do."

Accountability. Good word. I am part of a small group of women who meet each week to discuss our week, our lives, and our struggles. These women keep me accountable for my actions in a great way. If I can't talk about it in that group, then really it is something that I shouldn't be doing it.

Then there are those moments when temptation just pops up out of nowhere. I tripped over something terribly inappropriate tonight on a website that should not have anything inappropriate posted. For just a moment, there it was - tempting me to take a closer look. No one else is here, no one will ever know. Come on - scroll down - and look.

Truth is, I am never alone. For I am aways accountable to God. And God is always watching. He knows that I will face moments of temptation. God wants to know what I will do with that temptaion. Will I take a bite of the forbidden fruit? Will I take a closer look at tempations or not?

And for the record what I did was close out that website. And I decided that my time would be much better spent getting my daily dose of God's word. And that is a decision that I am okay sharing with God and with my small group!

No comments:

Post a Comment