Sunday, February 27, 2011

Psalm 36 - Big Love

Tonight's reading: Leviticus 27 and Psalm 35-36

Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep. (Psalm 36:5-6)

God is unmeasurable. Take the biggest thing you can think of. Like Mt Everest. God is bigger. Look up at the sky, how vast and how wide. God is bigger.

God is loving and he is faithful. Even when I am having a bad day and I'm just not in a mood to feel the love, God still loves me. And I can never outlive his love!

Third Day set these verses to music and I'm glad they did. It always kind of tickles me when I come across scriptures in the Bible that I know from somewhere else. Don't really know why. But I do get a smile and warm fuzzies when that happens.

I know of a few common sayings that have their roots in God's word. Just off the top of my head - let's see what I can come up with...

Treat others like you want to be treated. Biblical
One day at a time. Biblical
Wash Your Hands. Biblical
To everything there is a season. Biblical

I bet there are others. Will have to keep thinking about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment