Saturday, February 12, 2011

Giving

Exodus 36:5 - The people are bringing more than enough for doing the work the Lord commanded to be done.

Reading tonight about the building of the tent of the tabernacle. Moses had asked the people to bring gold, silver, yarn, linen, incense, oil, etc. to be used in the construction process.

So these people went to their tents and they gathered their things and they gave it to God. They gave of their own possessions. There was no quick writing a check or running down to Wal-Mart to purchase supplies. The people took what they owned and gave it to God. And they gave so much that the workers had to ask them to stop giving.

What would it be like to give that way today? Can I live my life simpler so that I have more to give to the work of the Lord? I am sure that I can. Am I willing to? Hmmm....
---

No comments:

Post a Comment