Sermon by Chip Henderson. Notes by me. (Short notes too because I didn't have my notebook, so I wrote them on the little handout thing.)
Main text was 2 Corinthian 9: 6-15. Third week of celebrating Outlive with a focus on Give.
Give! Be Generous! Five reasons why we should be generous people.
1. Giving taps into the law of the harvest. Whoever plants much will harvest much. We will reap what we sow.
2. God loves a cheerful giver. Motivation is important. We are to give with love, joy, and gladness.
3. God opens up heaven when you give. God blesses those who give. This often gets misinterpreted. It is important to remember that most of God's blessings are non-monetary. God blessed us with joy, peace, character, and other external spiritual gifts. By giving we are laying up treasure in heaven. (And that is where it really counts!)
4. Giving helps other people. By giving we meet their needs. Our giving can be an answer to their prayers.
5. Giving is our thanks to God. God has given us an indescribable gift in His Son. We say thanks by giving to others.
So...Go - Grow - Give!!