Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Give You Peace

Reading Numbers 5-6, 1 Peter 3.

Missed church service tonight, but did make it to the LifeCare meeting. God is really working on some good stuff. I love seeing how His plans unfold and how everything comes together for good.

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace. (Numbers 6: 24-26)

Aaron and his sons were given the words above to use to bless the people of Israel. We don't really bless others these days. I suppose we have replaced blessings with prayers for one another. (I wonder what would be the differences between a blessing and a prayer. Will have to look that up one day.)

I like the part "the Lord give you peace." This is something I have prayed for myself. 'God, please give me peace.' So much of my past filled me with regret, guilt, and shame. I am very thankful for God's forgiveness. That forgiveness brought me peace. I never expected to live in peace with myself.

But God turned his face toward me and he gave me peace. A gift I shall always treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment