Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bible Reading - Reason #3

God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful Word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. (Hebrews 4:12 MSG)

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12 KJV)


It would be accurate to say that the Bible, God's word, cuts straight to the heart. God is not concerned so much with how I look or with what others might think of me. God wants to know what fills my heart and mind.

As I begin the journey of reading deeper into God's Word, I am learning just how much I have failed at keeping my heart filled with God. There is still a lot of me in there. I am busy trying to figure out the how and the when. I'm putting too much time and effort into trying to keep God on my schedule.

God has more plans for my life. I am quite sure that He is not finished with me yet. I'm learning that I don't have to figure out how to make God's plans work. God knows how to accomplish His work. I just need to be willing to be used by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment