Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Thought 2016



The only bit of Christmas decorating I did this year was to pull out our Advent set.  As I lit the candles and read over the Scriptures, it was my late husband’s voice I heard.  A treasured memory - Bobby reading the words of Romans 15:13.  

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him,so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I love the blessings found in Scripture and it is a cultural loss that we no longer speak such blessings over one another.  Can you imagine how the world would be if we intentionally built one another up with words of encouragement and faith?  What an awesome gift that would be!

But I have a memory of my husband standing next to me reading those words and I thank God for that.  I have been blessed.  The God of hope still fills me with peace and with joy now on the brink of a new year.  2017 promises to be a year of changes.  But for today, I leave you with this Christmas blessing.

May your trust be firmly planted in God.   
May you overflow with the hope that only He provides.  
May the God of Hope fill you with all Joy and Peace.   
May you share that hope with others.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment