Sunday, July 13, 2014

Psalm 46

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. (v1)

     He IS. Not He will be or He might be, but He is, right now, our refuge and strength. God is always there for us. Waiting. 
     Too often, I find myself leaning on me and trying to live on my strength alone. I am stubborn and I frequently have a bad case of "I can do it myself."  And all the while God is there waiting for me to lean on Him and to find strength in Him. 

Be still, and know that I am God (v10).

     One of my favorite verses and great advice. I spend too much time running around thinking of me. I need this reminder to stop. Be still. Know I Am God. 

The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. (v11)

Peace & Strength...

     

No comments:

Post a Comment