Saturday, September 15, 2012

Depression

Dealing with depression.  I have been tempted at times to fall into depression - tempted to think that I'm being led nowhere.  Depression is a dark, lonesome, hopeless place and I admit I've camped there a few times. 

I think as Christians, we don't always know how to deal with another person's depression in a really positive way.  There is such joy and hope to be found in a relationship with God - how could someone not see that?  But for some, that joy and hope can be difficult to grab on to and the best that they can do is to focus on moving from one moment to the next. 

Good article here called Escaping Depression's Pull with some practical tips for those stuck in depression.

http://christiancounseling.com/content/escaping-depression%E2%80%99s-pull

No comments:

Post a Comment