Wednesday, January 25, 2012

He Lives

Read Exodus 1-2 and Acts 1

Acts 1:11 MSG - This very Jesus who was taken up from among you to heaven will come as certainly - and mysteriously - as he left.

I believe that Christ lived and was crucified for my sins. I believe Christ died on the cross, was buried, and walked out of the tomb days later. I believe Christ ascended into heaven and I believe He will return one day.

This is the faith and the hope that my life is now built upon. My sinful past has been forgiven. I have been redeemed. Darkness has turned to light and my once sad heart is now filled with joy. Christ lives! And because He lives, I also live.

That last line reminds me of the chorus of a song:
"Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives."
(written by Bill & Gloria Gaither)

No comments:

Post a Comment