Wednesday, August 3, 2011

6. Teach The Word

Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage–with great patience and careful instruction. (2 Timothy 4:2 NIV84)

Preach the Word - An instruction given to all. I have been given the job of sharing the Word with others. We all have once we decide to follow Christ. He is our role model. He taught others. I am to do the same.

Be prepared - Whether I think I am ready or not, I am to be always prepared to share the Good News with others.

Correct, rebuke, and encourage - I love to encourage others, to cheer them on, to point out the positive things in their life! 'Positive and Encouraging' is one of my favorite mottos. I'm not so sure that I have the same enthusiasm for correcting and rebuking others. Hmmm. But if I see someone i know doing something wrong, I hope that I can gently correct them.
Guess this is a verse I need to think on. When does correcting and rebuking become pointing out a speck in someone's eye when there is a plank in mine? The Bible says do one and don't do the other. See, I've just proven that I still have a lot to learn.

Great patience & careful instruction
- Grace, grace, patience, and grace. One huge lesson God keeps having to teach me is have grace. I pray that I might have the grace needed to share God's word with patience and careful instruction.

So glad that God has had the grace and great patience needed to put up with me as I learn what His word says.

No comments:

Post a Comment