Sunday, March 27, 2011

SAVED!

Tonight Ruth 3-4, Romans 10

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. (Romans 10:9-10)

Finding salvation is a simple thing. Believe in your heart. Declare with your mouth. And find the gift of eternity for your soul. It is also the start of an incredible journey of life change. Learning how God wants me to live my life has been quite an education for me. There has been a lot about my life that God has changed. Well, maybe more than a lot. God has changed almost everything about how I live my life. He has given me abilities that I never dreamed I could do.

Me, the silent woman hiding in the back of the room. I now teach. I stand in front of a group of people and speak.

Me, the lonely woman isolating herself at home. I now lead a small group of women.

Me, the stubborn one who doesn't need a bunch of rules. I now study God's word to learn how to live.

Me, the person hoping to be ignored. I now am the lay leader for the Celebrate Recovery ministry at my church.

Me, the sad, unloveable one. I now live a life filled with joy and love because I have been saved!

No comments:

Post a Comment